Thursday, August 12, 2004

Be Your Own Idol

So, Theresa is safe once again....whew! I have to admit I've gotten a bit caught up in this whole Canadian Idol phenomenon. It's kind of hard not to be, when you've got someone from your home town in the top 6. I think it's a shame that Elena has been in the bottom 3 now for 2 weeks...she has such an amazing voice and stage presence. I'm tempted to vote for her next week. Out of the 7 that were left, I'm not too sad to see Kaleb go; the judges loved him but he always sounded a bit out of tune to me.
That being said, I don't think I could stand up on stage and subject myself to criticism week after week in front of millions of people. Kudos to all Canadian Idols, and anyone else who follows their dreams, particularly when they enter a field (like music) that is so subjective. I mean, take Lionel Ritchie - the guy's sold millions of records, and has oodles of fans, but I'm not one of them. He may be good at what he does, but that doesn't mean his music appeals to all people.
On that note, and the following one, goodnight!

"Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true." --Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments: