Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Melange

I went to the library today after work. I love going to the library. I could spend hours there. Sighhh....so many books, so little time. I went to see if they had a particular book in - The Wealthy Barber. I've read it before, but I want to try and implement some of the guidelines into my own life. The book was not at the branch I was at, so I decided to look some other financial planning/investing books. There are a lot of them. And while I do know a little bit about investing, I would like to learn more, and be able to apply it as well. The problem with me is that I like to learn things, but I have a short attention span. I would like to read a few pages of a book and then know how to successfully invest my money. Or read part of a tutorial on HTML and then be able to design a really cool web page. Or learn a few chords on the guitar and then be able to solo with the best of them. So....I must learn to be patient and methodically study something, anything!, and then apply and practice what I know. Just one more thing on the "to do" list....


I've been getting back into photography a bit. I would like to start a photo blog, but at the moment I do not have access to either a scanner or a digital camera. But hopefully I will have one or the other soon. Until then, stay tuned.


I came across this interesting article the other day. (When I googled "Mary Poppins".)


I added a new blog (dooce) to the list of blogs that I like to read. It can be quite comical and also quite touching. The last sentence of yesterday's post is one of those that just cycles through your brain because it is so poignant...."my soul wrapped inside the palm of a baby." Read the whole post to get the big picture.

melange: a motley assortment of things (as per dictionary.com)

Oddly enough, the word, omnium-gatherum means the same thing. wha...???

No comments: