Sunday, September 14, 2008

New Beginnings

Autumn always brings with it a sense of anticipation. Winter is the season you endure, and Spring heralds Summer, which is the season of rest and play. But Autumn is the season of new beginnings. It's time to pack away the swimsuits and beach gear but not yet time for scarves and mitts. The leaves turn brilliant shades of red and gold; the morning air is crisp and fresh. Kids go back to school and churches start up their programs again.

After today's church service, I feel like I'm ready for something new. Pastor Bob talked about growing and maturing in Christ and how that requires involvement and commitment. I often find myself not wanting to invest my time and energies into anything, though I'm not quite sure what I'm waiting for. I do want to be more involved at church this year and I'm excited about what that may look like.

With exciting changes taking place at work and the possibility of new friendships and ministries at church, I am looking forward to this next season.

No comments: