Sunday, March 02, 2008

Long Run - 10 km

Yesterday's long run was difficult. I was over-dressed. Hot. Tired. Frustrated. But I didn't get angry until an inconsiderate driver drenched me head to toe with muddy water that had pooled in the street. (At the moment of impact I confess to thinking many rather unkind things about the driver!) As a note to myself and all other motorists in this wet and wonderful season we're entering, if there is a huge puddle of water on the street, please slow down and/or move over if you can so as not to shower the pedestrian on the sidewalk.
Unfortunately the run didn't get any better, and I was splashed a couple more times. I really, really wanted to turn around and go home. At one point near the end of my run I had to turn in the opposite direction of home and start my last loop. I'm happy to say I didn't give in, if only for the satisfaction of being able to say it!
When all was said and done, I was happy to get home and cleaned up, with hopes that this week will be better.

No comments: