Friday, February 15, 2008

In Amongst The Chaff

I love it when you come across an unexpected nugget of wisdom in a book that's otherwise just a bit of fluff. I finished reading "The Hopeless Romantic's Handbook" today, and came away with this bit of advice:

"Do something different today. Be bold in your choices, accept invitations that previously you may have shunned...by bringing something fresh into your life, you will begin to see the world differently. You will be enchanted again by things you have taken for granted. You will see that beauty is never far from your door. And you will find romance in the small things of life, which are as important as the significant ones. Remember that if you only stick to what you know, then what you know now is all that you will ever have."

I feel like I'm at a turning point right now, with choices laying themselves out in front of me. I want to be bold and choose something new, even if it seems intimidating right now. I will pray for faith to lean not on my own understanding, but to trust in God who has always been faithful in giving me not always what I want, but always what I need.

No comments: