Sunday, June 14, 2009

My Echo




What a busy weekend! I bought a different car yesterday - a 2005 Toyota Echo. It's very different from my Cavalier - smaller, taller, and kind of fun to drive. I imagine it emitting a little "meep meep" sound as I zip around town.


So - test drove, bought, and licensed the Echo yesterday. Then I gathered up some more stuff for a garage sale next weekend and hauled it out to Mom and Dad's in the afternoon. In the evening, I had some errands to run, and then my day was done.


Today I got up early and volunteered as a road marshall for the Bridge City Boogie (2k, 5k, & 10k run/walk). An interesting experience. For the most part people were understanding about the delay getting across the intersection, but I had one lady who was late for church and quite angry that our race was preventing her from getting there on time.


After the Boogie, I came home and had a much-needed nap. Then I helped Nicole dig up some grass and make a little flower bed in the back yard. And by little, I mean probably 3'x1.5'. Just enough to plant a few herbs, and maybe a tomato plant. It was fun to have a reason to putter around outside on this gorgeous summer day!


After supper I cleaned out the inside of my old car, washing and vaccuming it to get it ready to sell. If you know anyone who needs a reliable 1997 Cavalier, let me know!


Tonight I ran to the store and picked up a few groceries, and when I collapsed in the living room chairI couldn't believe it was already 9:30!


Here's to a good weekend, and I hope there are many more to come.




No comments: