Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Confessions/Affirmations Part 1, or 16 Things About Me

1. I have loved photography ever since my high school photography class. However, I don't believe I possess an extraordinary measure of talent in this particular art. This year, I would like to learn how to see, how to compose, how to wrangle the meaning out of a scene that appears mundane and drab.

2. I grew up in a very clean and tidy house. My house is usually quite the opposite.

3. I love books. Usually to read, but sometimes just to hold or look at.

4. My sister and I have always been friends. (She can correct me, if I'm wrong.)


5. I used to dislike cats and was mildly afraid of them, until my roommate brought home the cutest little kitten several years ago, with the caveat that we could always send her back to the farm if it didn't work out. Now I have 3 cats.

6. I am not a dressy girl. I love jeans, t-shirts, and sweatshirts.


7. I don't have children, but I have 2 nieces and 1 nephew that I love dearly. I consider myself blessed.


8. I can be stubborn, and sometimes bossy.

9. I like to make plans, and am secretly thrilled when I manage to carry them out.


10. I love big, loud concerts.


11. I would not be a runner if not for my sister. Two weeks into our learn-to-run program I announced that it was too hard and I was going to quit. I'm not sure what happened, but we made it to 20 minutes and I just kept on going.


12. Things can be more than just things. I have several kitchen items that used to be my grandma's, and I often think of her when I use them.


13. I am a very emotional person. I can cry at the drop of a hat, lose my temper over something completely insignificant, and feel so excited that my teeth chatter. I like to think this helps me experience life more fully.


14. I've only had 2 cars in the past 13 years.

15. The first song on the running playlist on my ipod is called "I Am a Gummy Bear."

16. If I could learn to play one instrument, right now, it would be the drums.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha Ha Ha. I love this post. I especially love that you admit to being bossy. I bet you thought I wouldn't see this! NK

Tori Fehr said...

Hmmm, a few things I didn't know about you. It's funny how very similar we are! A fun post. How did you come up with those particular things to "confess"??

Carmen Klassen said...

The "confessions" were a random sampling of thoughts, collected over a few days. There is no special significance to what I included or didn't include in the list.