Monday, December 06, 2004

Not Really So Bad

It's that time of the year again. Time to pull out the 10 year old winter boots and lament that I didn't buy new ones, again, this year. Time for multi-layers, and doing the shuffle so as not to freeze when filling up the car with gas. Time to get up earlier to allow for snow removal off the car, and the treacherously slow drive to work. Also time for a little tradition of mine. That is, I like to wait until it's at least -20 degrees C and dark out before I find the extension cord for my car. This was not so bad this year, so I thought I'd spice it up a little. Maybe stay out in the cold an extra 10 min or so. I thought I'd be nice and get my roommate's cord out of the shed and bring it down and set it up so that she just has to plug in when she gets home from work tonight. This would be the orange cord. The 30 foot orange cord. The tangled 30 foot orange cord, that I didn't decide to untangle until I was already outside. Thankfully I'd thought ahead and had on that 2nd winter layer of clothing, complete with hood and all. But I'm not really complaining, as I am now nice and warm inside my house, with the Christmas lights turned on, and feeling merry. And with that, Happy Holidays! May you stay safe and warm.

No comments: