Tuesday, November 30, 2004

It's the Most Wonderful Time

I would like to extend my first Merry Christmas, as tomorrow is December 1. Yay! Happy Holidays! The other day I put up my Christmas lights, and since then have been very much in the holiday spirit. This week the tree will go up, and presents will be wrapped, and isn't it just the most wonderful time of the year? It's nice to be in the mood so early, as it often takes me awhile to "catch" the Christmas spirit.

I've heard several Christmas songs on the radio already, which seems to be earlier than usual, but it may just be my imagination. Whatever the case, I had a "well that's interesting" moment the other day when I heard a carol on the radio. Have you ever noticed that Christmas is the only time of year when adults can legitimately sing children's songs? The song I heard was Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer sung by Gene Autry. Adults can even make whole CDs of children's songs and not be thought strange. You can't do this any other time of the year. For instance, I don't think good ol' Gene would make a CD featuring Sesame Street songs. (You never know, but probably not...) And I think that is just wonderful. (Adults singing kids tunes, not Gene and Sesame Street).

Anyways, those are my Christmas ponderings for today. I'm sure there will be more to come as the month progresses. Once again, Merry Christmas all!

No comments: